More and more states are decriminalizing and legalizing marijuana. Marijuana education is increasingly important as perceptions of the risk associated with marijuana use change. Marijuana use can severely impact you and those around you. It can lead to psychosis, impair learning, cause problems later in life, impair driving ability, and more. Educate your students about marijuana and how to make responsible choices about marijuana use by having them take our course Marijuana-Wise or Marijuana-Wise HS.
Marijuana-Wise is designed to challenge marijuana expectancies and reduce high-risk behavior. Fully-researched, evidence-based information allows students to objectively view marijuana use. Personalized feedback integrated through eCHECKUP TO GO tailors the course to each student and ensures engagement.
Learning Outcomes of Marijuana-Wise:
- Self-assess patterns of use on a daily and weekly basis
- Understand how marijuana works and how the body absorbs and metabolizes THC and other chemicals
- Review a confidential summary based on their personal marijuana use, if any
- Recognize links to schizophrenia and impact on IQ from persistent use
- Identify dangerous health consequences of using synthetic marijuana
- Recognize that marijuana is almost four times as potent today as it was 20 years ago
- Discover the difference between CBD and THC oil
- Discuss the different forms of concentrates and how they are created
- Recognize negative health effects of use on respiratory system and brain function and development
- Discuss effects marijuana can have on a user’s life both short- and long-term
- Recognize the possibility of legal consequences from marijuana use, even in states where it is legal
- Discuss the positive and negative effects of vaping marijuana
- Discuss how certain methods of use feel “safer” but actually result in more dangerous use
- Recognize danger of marijuana-induced harmful behaviors
- Compare peer use and perception of peer use
- Understand that marijuana affects a user for up to three days after use
- Understand that marijuana use increases the likelihood of using other drugs and/or alcohol
- Understand the “Expectancy Effect”
- Discuss marijuana use disorder and factors that increase its likelihood
- Explore negative outcomes that can result from use including addiction, tolerance, dependence, and overdosing
Get the marijuana education you need for your campus to set up your students for success! Contact us today at 3rdmil.com or call us at (888) 810-7990 to get started!